How can I order cold asphalt?
Cold asphalt is the easiest way to quickly asphalt areas of different sizes, fill holes and cracks, and lay asphalt. We at SmartMetalGroup offer several different types of cold asphalt at affordable prices !
You can order elderberries by phone +359 876 836 490 or email us at office @ smartmetalgroup. com !
We now also offer an easy way to order online through our platform:
Types of cold asphalt offered by Smart Metal Group:
We from Smart Metal Group offer several varieties of cold asphalt. With us you will find:
- Bulgarian cold asphalt in buckets of 25 kg with a consumption rate of 1 m x 1 m x 1-2 cm. Regular price: BGN 27.56
- Italian cold asphalt in bags of 25 kg with a consumption rate of 1m x 1m x 1-2cm. Regular price: BGN 37.68
- Bulgarian bulk cold asphalt per ton with consumption rate for 20 kg 1m x 1m x 1cm.
What is cold asphalt?
Cold asphalt is a modern innovative material that is used for fast asphalting of small areas of roads and repair of road surfaces. The use of cold asphalt offers many opportunities in the field of road construction . It allows asphalting in all temperature conditions and difficult weather conditions. Cold asphalt is a selection of aggregates, bitumen and copolymer, processed by Canadian technology to create extremely easy-to-use material with high performance. The composition is made on the basis of bitumen and modifying additives. Ready-to-use asphalt mix is suitable for repairing road surfaces, filling holes and cracks, as well as laying complete road surfaces. Can be applied at temperatures from < strong> -26 ° С to + 49 ° С , in the presence of water at the application site, without affecting the quality of the pavement.
Cold asphalt is characterized by such qualities as ease of use, reliability, ease of installation, the ability to perform work at low / high temperature (temperature of operation and operation of the road surface up to + 50 ° C to -60 ° C). In addition, the use of the composition does not require heavy road equipment for laying and rolling, does not take much time, and the asphalt becomes ready for use immediately after laying. You can use cold asphalt for household needs – for paving for garden paths, houses, adjacent areas and the yard.
The line for asphalting the road surface
Preparation . It includes checking the site for repairs and selecting strategies for their implementation. This step takes a few minutes and comes down to a visual assessment of the repair site and the decision on the asphalting method (with or without preparation). No preparation is required for temporary asphalting (when major road repairs are subsequently planned). For long-term use of road surface, minimal preparation is required, which includes leveling the edges of the pit and removing larger particles. It is also advisable to pre-clean the asphalt area from dust and dirt. If possible, it is convenient to warm the base and asphalt slightly to increase the elasticity of the material and to improve the adhesion to the base.
Work . This stage involves filling a hole (road section) with cold asphalt . The composition is poured on the base and spread on the surface, so that the edges of the material cover the existing asphalt pavement of 1-1.5 cm. Leveling can be done with any improvised tools – shovel or garden tools. If the deep asphalt hole is more than 5 cm, it is recommended to perform the operations in succession in two phases, after each one, the used cold asphalt must be compacted. The duration of this stage is 2-3 minutes.
Strengthen asphalt. For full use of asphalt after laying, it must be compacted. Sealing is done with the help of rollers, vibrating plates, wooden beams or other handy materials. It should also be noted that during the operation of the asphalt , it will be further compacted by vehicles passing on the surface. The duration of this stage is 2-3 minutes.
Finish work. This process involves cleaning up tools used during work and collecting garbage (used cold asphalt packaging, etc.) that takes an average of 3-5 minutes.
Quick and easy asphalt application
1. Thoroughly clean the substrate before laying cold asphalt . In case of contamination, remove the ice.
2. Distribute the cold asphalt in layers of 2 to 6 cm (for thicker coatings – up to a maximum of 12 cm).
3. Compact cold asphalt using a hand compactor or small vibratory roller.
Thus, the whole asphalting procedure takes about 10-15 minutes and consists of a minimum number of operations that lead to a smooth, strong and reliable asphalt surface .
Importantly, the price of cold asphalt is low. An impressive list of advantages and low price make cold asphalt an extremely popular repair material for companies specializing in road construction and road maintenance. The production of the material is carried out with the help of new technologies and meets all quality standards and norms. This unique feature of the product, which is incomparable, replaces outdated technologies for installing and repairing asphalt . The main material is polymer, modified asphalt with more cold-resistant plasticizing components.
Cold asphalt is relevant for quick repair of highways , for reliable sealing of road cracks , repair of city streets. For installation, you do not need special skills, heavy equipment services and mechanization. Fill holes and cracks with the ready-to-use mixture.
Main advantages of asphalt:
- Asphalt is a long-lasting solution for repairing pavements, filling holes and cracks due to its ability to expand and contract with the road surface.
- The curing process is not activated when the material is compacted.
- It has excellent adhesion to asphalt , concrete, steel and even wood.
- Can be stored for up to 2 years in a pile, and in buckets – indefinitely.
- Can be used regardless of weather conditions (snow, rain and negative temperatures), as well as for humid areas, such as holes filled with water.
- No pre-treatment of the application site is required and the repaired area can be used immediately after application.
Composition of cold asphalt:
- 0 / 4mm dry matter [between 90-94%];
- Whater [<3%];
- Hydrocarbon binder [5 to 8%];