Gabions - Smart Metal Group
How to buy gabions?
You can buy by phone:
or email: email@example.com
Delivery methods of gabions
- Pick-up from our warehouse in Sofia, 67 Okolovrasten pat Str.
- Delivery by Econt courier – delivery to Econt’s office or customer’s address. Orders are taken from our address Sofia, 67 Okolovrasten Pat Str.
- Delivery via Transpress – deliveries to the address of a palletized shipment with Transpress. An additional pallet or rent of one is paid. It is used for loads over 50 kg, for smaller shipments at the customer’s request.
- Delivery by courier ordered by the customer.
Deliveries of gabions to:
Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Vidin, Vratsa, Gabrovo, Dobrich, Kardzhali, Kyustendil, Lovech, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pernik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Razgrad, Ruse, Silistra, Sliven, Smolyan, Sofia , Stara Zagora, Targovishte, Haskovo, Shumen, Yambol.
Delivery time of gabions:
What are gabions?
Gabions are three-dimensional mesh structures that are filled with river or quarry stones. For the production of these structures, is used a double-twisted metal mesh, which gives the gabion strength and allows the loads to be evenly distributed. Such an organic fence fits into any landscape.
Gabions are very easy and practical to work with, as they choose a natural material to fill them with and pour it into the metal structure. This greatly facilitates their installation, regardless of the reason for which it is used. The gabions are made of welded steel bars of rods with a diameter of 5 to 6 mm, galvanized by the method of hot-dip galvanizing, which protects against corrosion for decades. The coating allows the gabions to be painted in different colors.
Types of gabions
The main types of gabion constructions:
Advantages of gabions
- Flexibility of the gabion constructions of Smart Metal Group – they are able to withstand external loads without breaking. Gabions absorb possible water from the soil without destroying the structure itself. In conditions of unstable soils, and in areas where there is erosion, quality is especially important.
- Durability of gabions – the grid from which the made gabions of Smart Metal Group, has a variable tensile strength of 3500-5000 kg per linear meter. Thanks to this, the construction of gabions can withstand any type of load.
- Gabion permeability – the high permeability of the gabion eliminates the occurrence of hydrostatic loads. Their drainage and stability makes them an ideal solution for protecting slopes from erosion.
- Durability of gabion structures – is the efficiency of gabions does not decrease, but increases with age, as for years the soil between the cavities of the gabions is compacted and vegetation begins to grow on their surface. Thus, the gabions are transformed into environmentally friendly building blocks.
- Economy of gabions as a solution – gabion structures are much more economical than rigid or semi-rigid structures. Gabions as a solution are characterized by the following advantages: low operating costs; the minimum amount of work on preparation of the foundation for the building structure; simple design that does not require skilled labor to install; no costs are required for the construction of drainage systems, as gabions do not have a high density and have a high permeability of the structure.
- Environmental in the use of gabions – due to the fact that friendliness gabions do not interfere with the growth of vegetation and combine with the environment, they are natural building blocks for landscaping.
Chemical composition of gabions
The wire mesh used for the production of gabions is made of steel wire with Galfan coating or heavy galvanizing. To give resistance to aggressive chemical environments, the grid is additionally covered with a coating polyvinyl chloride. The PVC coating protects the gabions from corrosion. The specially woven mesh, which is used for the production of gabions, allows in case of mechanical damage to the structure to remain intact and not to deform further.